Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tortilla Men



My kids seem to do best with a variety of food in front of them. I trialed this idea for lunch yesterday. They loved creating the men, but did not want to eat them afterward! I guess it wasn't a total waste of time, because they did eat the remainder of the fixins.
For these Tortilla Men, I used whole wheat tortillas, and shaped them using a handy dandy cookie cutter (utilize any shape you have on hand). The kids love using knives (plastic play ones), so they enjoyed spreading the hummus onto the men. They enjoy it because they know that this is usally something they are not allowed to do.
To decorate, we used:
avocado
black beans
sliced carrots
shredded cheese

Have fun using anything your kids enjoy eating.
Although we ate this for lunch, I have done something similar for dinner when my husband and I eat tacos (because the kids don't eat this meat). Again, I don't like making two meals! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment