Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chicken Nuggets with tomato and radish salad



It's so hard to find the time to bread and fry when you have a toddler attached to your leg 24/7, but sometimes you get lucky and daddy comes home a few minutes early. This sounds like it took a long time to prep and cook, but it all took less than a half hour.
I unfroze a few chicken breasts from the freezer, in the microwave. I had a few pieces of whole wheat bread ends that I wanted to get rid of, so I quickly pulsed them in the cuisinart and mixed them with some already prepared breadcrumbs. I dipped the chicken pieces (I precut the chicken into small bite sizes for the kids) in egg batter, then in the breadcrumbs, then right onto the pan with olive oil. A few minutes on each side and done. As that was frying, I cut up tomatoes and radishes (thin), for a little salad. For my husband and myself, I made a traditional salad with chicken on top. Only drawback is that there were lots of dishes, plates to wash. The worst!
So, my daughter did not eat anything but the tomatoes... and my son ate a few bites of the chicken and the tomatoes. FRUSTRATING!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good to me! Luke LOVES tomatoes and I am currently waiting for our rice bread to harden up so that I can make bread crumbs. I'm lucky that he's okay with the seasoned chicken breasts I've been making, with a little BBQ sauce on the side. It might be the only protein he gets anymore!

    ReplyDelete