Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Heart Eggs Toast


I don't know why, but my daughter stopped eating eggs a few months ago. Until then, she would eat such a great breakfast which included an egg, almost every morning. We are trying to figure out ways to reintroduce the egg nowadays. Here is a special weekend treat.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare cookie sheet with cooking spray or butter. Also butter a piece of bread, on one side.
2. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter (or any other cookie cutter), cut out center of piece of bread. Place both bread and cutout butter-up on cookie sheet.
3. Break an egg onto a saucer and then carefully slide the egg into the hole you have cut out in the bread.
4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes on the top rack of oven.
So it looked beautiful, but no takers. It didn't go to waste because my husband and I enjoyed it. Maybe next time I'll scramble the egg before pouring it into the bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment