Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Swim Tuna Swim


For the passed four days it's been close to 100 degrees here in Southern Cali, so who wants to turn on the oven? Today for lunch I made the kids tuna fish, with a little creativity in presentation, which is sometimes key in getting them to try it. The tuna recipe itself is nothing new, except that I add frozen peas, along with mayo (lowfat or full fat). Here I cut the whole wheat bread (with flax seeds) into a fish shape, served with peeled and sliced apples on the side.
My daughter actually loves tuna, go figure... yet won't eat hamburgers or chicken nuggets! I can't complain I guess. Although the other day she said, "Mommy it's not a fish"! I said, "Of course it's not a fish"! : )
My son wouldn't eat the tuna, but picked on a few peas. I've heard it takes close to 20 exposures of a new food for kids to dig in... so maybe we need a few more tries?
Have a great Earth Day! More creative recipes to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment