Monday, April 27, 2009

Strawberry Pizza



I recently saw a kids healthy sandwich idea, using cream cheese and strawberries on whole wheat bread. Strawberries are so plentiful right now, so I was trying to think of a way to incorporate these ingredients. My kids don't eat sandwiches yet so I thought to try in a pizza form. The kids had so much fun putting their pizzas together.
I used a whole wheat pita for the crust, cream cheese for the topping, topped with sliced strawberries. You can mix strawberry jelly with the cream cheese to sweeten it up before spreading it on the pita, but it's not necessary. Use the pizza cutter to cut into small, easy to handle pieces.
After the excitement of creating their masterpiece, both of my kids picked off a few of the strawberries, but refused to eat their pizzas. I, on the other hand, loved it! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment