Wednesday, April 15, 2009

rainbow salad


Adding more vegetables to my kids' diet is my goal, so we came up with this rainbow salad, using anything we have available in the house. Both my kids get involved in creating their own dishes, and by the end, they are usually very excited to dig in. Here we used tomatoes, cooked sweet potatoes, cheese, avacado and purple cabbage. Needless to say, all the purple bits were left on their plates! My husband and I had lettuce with all these fixins on top, with my homemade salad dressing. Here is the recipe for my famous homemade salad dressing:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp graded ginger
.
Our daughter actually likes to have the dressing on the side for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. What great recipes-healthy and so fun for the kids to cook with you. If I think of some kid friendly healthy recipes, I will pass them along. Awesome blog that you have started. This is great!
    Love,
    Your biggest fan in New England!! Miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete