Monday, June 1, 2009

Amazing Carrot Cake


I found this carrot cake recipe through online searching because I was looking for a way to use the many carrots we received from the farm this week. It uses 3 cups of shreaded carrots, so it sounded a little healthy at least.
I don't consider myself a baker, so I was amazed with the results of this recipe! It was sooooooo good! My husband loves carrot cake and thought this was one of the best things I've ever made. My daughter didn't try it, but my son loved it. I'll definitely make this again!

Here is the link for the recipe, but I have it also copied below:
All recipes
INGREDIENTS
Cake:
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 cups grated carrots
* 1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)
Frosting:
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 4 cups confectioners' sugar (I only used 2 cups)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)

Enjoy this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment