Friday, June 26, 2009

Sweet Gingery Tofu

I found this recipe online and altered it a little. I recommended it to a friend, Danny, and he really liked it. I finally got a chance to try it, and it was delicious. Probably the best way I've ever made tofu. I served this on top of a bed of spaghetti, as well as fresh steamed green beans.
FYI: My little guy attempted to eat this, but spit it right out! Oh well!

Ingredients: (Serves 4)

1 Pound of Firm or Extra Firm Tofu, rinsed
1/4 Cup Mirin (I did not have this, so I used extra sesame oil)
1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Braggs
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Ginger, minced
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Garlic, minced
Sesame Seeds, for garnish (I did not use)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap the tofu in a clean dish towel and weight down for 10 minutes to remove excess water.
3. Cut tofu into even 1/2 inch slices.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
3. Mix tofu into marinade and bake for 40-45 minutes.
4. Serve.
* This sauce could also be used for baking fish or chicken. Adjust cooking time accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment