Monday, June 8, 2009

Zucchini-Apple Pancakes




My daughter loves to eat pancakes, especially on weekend mornings. I have to capitalize on this, and since we received many zucchinis from the farm this week, I decided to put some steamed and pureed in the mix. I thought that an apple would also sweeten it up.
This recipe was a big hit, and I was so excited to start the day off with a helping of veges.

Ingredients:
1 zucchini or squash (peeled, sliced and steamed)
1 apple (peeled, sliced and steamed)
Pancake mix (I use Fresh and Easy, Multigrain)

After steaming the zucchini and apple, puree together until smooth. Next, make pancake mix according to box directions, except, do not add the oil. You will use the squash-zucchini mixture as its substitute. I made servings for 4. FYI: I've found the best pancake mixes are the ones that use eggs and milk, not the "just add water" kind.
These pancakes were delicious! I will definitely make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment