Friday, June 12, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese + hidden squash/zucchini



My kids give me such trouble about eating anything. They have been known, however, to eat an entire box of mac and cheese. Of course this was discovered during one of my mom's (nonna) visits. Believe me, I don't subject the kids to eating steamed broccoli and spinach every night, I just am trying to expose them to more eating variety than I see many kids today. It's just one of my pet-peeves.
Anyway, about once a week I treat them to a box of mac and cheese, and hide about a half-cup of steamed and pureed squash or zucchini, along with the powdered cheese packet (yuk). I add the milk and butter (healthy butter)as usual.
The funny thing is that they love it more with the squash than without. The texture is much more creamy, too. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment