Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Slow Cooker Turkey Chili and pasta


We been having unseasonably cool weather here in S. Cali, which calls for a Crock-Pot meal!
We received many squash from the farm this week so I decided to use a few in this chili.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 (32 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Italian squash (long green), peeled and diced
1/2 cup onion, chopped (any)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb elbow macaroni
2 Tbsp cayenne powder
salt
pepper



Brown the ground turkey in olive oil, and add to slow cooker. Add tomatoes, beans, squash, onion, garlic and spices to cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. About 10 minutes before serving, cook up elbow macaroni. Serve pasta topped with chili.

My husband and I enjoyed this but the kids, not so much. They are just not big meat fans. I can't blame them as we don't make meat, other than chicken, all that often... but I have to try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment