Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Broccoli Mac & Cheese



In an attempt to surprise my kids with "the best mac and cheese ever", I did some research to come up with this recipe. Pretty easy!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 cup milk
8 oz (1 1/2 cup) low fat cheddar cheese
1 cup steamed broccoli, chopped
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste


Boil water for pasta. As pasta is cooking, heat milk slowly in saucepan. Throw in the cheese, and keep stirring until melted together. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. When pasta is al dente, drain. Pour cheese mixture and broccoli on top of pasta. Stir together.

I never knew that homemade mac and cheese was so easy! I'm not saying it was all that healthy, but I guess compared to a box of mac n cheese, this had a little more health value. We received broccoli from the farm this week so i was excited to try to get it into something my kids would eat.
Well, the kids didn't eat any of it! I was so surprised. My husband and myself enjoyed it, for mac and cheese. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment