Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Polenta Pizzas


I wanted to do something simple with the prepared polenta roll I had in the fridge. I found a similar idea online for making little pizzas, and thought they were just perfect kid-sized portions.

Ingredients:

1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce (I use Trader Joes Marinara that already has spices, for a quick meal)

1 roll (1 pound) prepared polenta

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella

1 cup fresh spinach, onion, or any other vege topping you like to put on pizza (optional)

Cooking spray (depending on your cookie sheets)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the polenta roll in 1/4 inch slices (these will be the pizza crusts) and place on cookie sheets. Spoon on tomato sauce, sprinkle each with cheese and put a small amount of veges on each. My kids loved making these.
Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cool for a few minutes before serving as they stay together better after they're slightly cooler.

My husband and I thought these were delicious and thought they'd be an easy appetizer for an adult wine party. My kids however, did not even try them. But then again, they hardly try anything these days! I will make them again because I hear kids need over a dozen exposures to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment