Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mango Strawberry Carrot Smoothie


This smoothie required a little more preparation than my usual smoothies, but it was worth it. I mix-matched a few recipes to come up with this one because of the ingredients I had available- and I really wanted to use up carrots, since we have so many from our farm.
Here it is:
1 apple, peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup mango juice (because I had it in the house)
1 cup cooked carrots (peeled and steamed)
1 cup milk or yogurt
handful of ice
1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal

Put all these ingredients together in a blender, and blend. Easy and delicious!

The kids enjoyed sipping on these smoothies, but I also used the leftover to make more ice-pops for tomorrow. They love anything in ice pop form! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment