Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sauteed Garlic Scapes and Zucchini over Chicken breast



I found this garlic scape recipe on A Good Appetite, as we received garlic scapes in our CSA box this week and I had no idea what to do with them.

Directions:
Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the garlic scapes (bunch) into bite-sized pieces. Melt a good amount of butter (I used the healthy butter + about 2 Tablespoons olive oil) in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic scapes & generously season with kosher salt. Let sauté for about 6 minutes. The garlic scapes will begin to soften & brown a little. Add the zucchini & cook for another 2 minutes until they begin to just brown.

I thought this would go well over chicken breast and brown rice. After the vegetables were done, I put them in a bowl for later, and added chicken breast pieces to the hot pan until they were cooked through, turning once.
I cooked the rice as suggested on the package.
I scooped rice on the plate first, chicken, then the garlic zucchini on top to serve. It was very tasty.
My kids picked on the chicken (I was pleasantly surprised), and just tasted the zucchini. It was an easy and delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment