Monday, May 18, 2009

Salmon Fish


I'm not a huge salmon fan but since I had it in the house, I thought I'd try something a little different but familiar, especially for the kiddies.
I baked it as usual with a little olive oil brushed on both sides, on 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Before putting it in the oven, I also squeezed 1/2 grapefruit juice on the fish (citrus helps get the fishy-flavor out). After taking it out of the oven, I flaked it into a bowl and added mayonnaise and 1 cup frozen peas. I added lots of fresh cilantro and made up pita bread sandwiches for my husband and myself. The kids did not eat any of it. I really thought my daughter would, since she will eat canned tuna with mayo, with no problem (on a good day). I can't blame the kids though, because it wasn't my favorite thing to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment