Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dinner Meal Plan May 16- May 21

What do you do with beets? Ok, I am not a HUGE beet fan, but my husband really hates them... so I can't seem to find anything to do with them, except give them away... so I figured I'd try making beet chips. I hand cut them as thin as I could get them and coated them in olive oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper. I roasted them at 400 for about 15 minutes, and just kept checking on them to make sure not to burn them. Yum- not too bad!
A quick meal plan:

Sunday: Pasta with marinara sauce and salad

Monday: Stir fry with tofu, rice

Tuesday: Vegetarian Reubens with cannellini beans

Wenesday: Vege tacos (using Boca burgers and spices, tomatoe, lettuce, avocado, etc)

Thursday: Salmon with greens (sauteed in olive oil and garlic)

Friday: Pizza Night (Homemade pizzas)!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Marianne! I got my first CSA box today-- Hooray! Don't know what I am going to do with all that greenery! Will definitely be eating healthier! Thanks for all of your advice!

    ReplyDelete