Sunday, April 18, 2010

Meal Plan April 18th- April 23rd

Sunday: Today will be a great day to make smoothies for the kids' afternoon snack. I've tried so many smoothie recipes and as long as there is a banana and some fresh squeezed orange juice, it's great. Delicious organic strawberries from the farm will add the perfect sweetness today. And, I always put a few tablespoons of flax seed meal, as well as a handful of any type of raw greens, to add some extra fiber. The kids gladly help putting these things into the blender, and surprisingly have no objections! That's amazing for my kids!

This dinner recipe that I'm trying out tonight was sent to me from a good friend, Deirdre. Thanks so much, I love this collaboration!! This recipe looks great! I am going to add potatoes to the recipe, since we received a batch from the farm this week. (I also added cooked spaghetti to the soup- it was delicious!)
Thai Coconut Soup

Monday: Mixed greens salad with cannellini beans, gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches

Tuesday: Vegetarian Reubens with Russian Dressing
with sweet potatoe fries (on baking sheet slice sweet potatoes, coat with olive oil drizzed on top, add sea salt and pepper, bake for at 400, for about 30-40 min)

Wednesday: BBQ with friends from out of town: Pasta with Cilantro Pesto, Grilled sausage and bbq chicken, Salad

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: Pizza night! (Homemade pizza with leftover veges)

No comments:

Post a Comment